Neue Version VCTF-DDay Operation Overlord

D

{DUB}VARDY

Gast
Hey snc.

(sorry if this is in the wrong place but i dont understand german)

Well anyways we got dday operation overlord fixed. we just changed the vehicles. you can thank Nightmare for that.

Theres a link for the fix here: RapidShare Webhosting + Webspace

Please can you put it on the vctf server. the levi and spmas have been removed to make the map more even and some raptors and mantas have been added. aslo blues have a ion tank

{DUB}VARDY schrieb:
(sorry if this is in the wrong place but i dont understand german)

That's why it is fun to give you names you don't understand :D :ROFLMAO:

I opened up a new thread for this issue, but leave it to Soko, wether he wants to put this version on the server or not.

BTW @ Vardy: Perhaps it would be better, you would registrate on this forum, so you'll get emailmessage for new postings. If you have probs with the german registration, i can setup an account for you and you have to change the password afterwords. Need only your emailadress.

The ion tank can be destroyed with the raptors and mantas. If needed there is aslo a redeemer in the map. Nightmare added an underground area with a redeemer in the middle. adds a new aspect to the map i think

It may be easy to destroy with the flyers, but in open play it will be rather brutal... i don't think this will work very well.

Nightmare

don't forget that red has 2 tanks to destroy the ion tank and btw the ion tank has as much health as a normal tank..

but soko did'nt want to upload the fix because he said i must change the name well.. here's the link to the renamed version:

RapidShare Webhosting + Webspace

The name isn't the Problem, as we tried to tell you ingame. ;)

The additions to the map are not properly lighted, so they look bright and - well, bad. And that Ion-Tank ist strange and not really balanced - players who know what they are doing will be able to kill it, but in regular open playing it will be pretty unbalanced and probably lead to a very uneven match.

I don't want to sound mean, but I don't quite see the point of it - you changed one super-tank against another. The additional mantas and raptors are fine, though.

Nightmare

So i must change the Ion Tank with another vehicle?

Nightmare

here's a link of the version where i changed the ion tank with normal tank

but if you read the map description it's normal that the game is uneven made..

btw i added also some more minigun turrets for both teams

RapidShare Webhosting + Webspace

btw - you announced a server of your own - whats up with that?
i think it has not grown very far as you demand these uploads here.
i mean - its not my time more the of sokoban or other admins ;)

btw - you announced a server of your own - whats up with that?

Announced a server of our own? can you please rephrase that so i can understamd it. do you mean that we have announced a {DUB} server?

Also we dont demand maps, we suggest them. thats what it says on the snc vctf server. we would just like to see some variation and new maps to keep the server popular with the regular players, rather than playing binary space every other map.

by the way can you please visit L4Y - Latest news from across Levels-4-You and have a look at the vctf maps on there to download, there are alot to choose from and maybe you can put some on the vctf server

Well, I couldn't test it till now. Some things got better, while others got worse.

Criticism:
1) The new shortcut. I totally dislike it. Not because it is too bad, it is actually too good. It shortens the distance between flags nearly to one third, and makes a totally safe passage for foot cappers. Who needs vehicles anymore?
2) Blue team's manta has a respawn delay of 240 seconds, while the new red one only takes 60 secs to respawn. I believe the original manta had that long rs delay to keep team blue from manta running day in day out. The red manta needs the same delay, else the balancing will be fucked up. (And no, plz no 60 secs rs delay for both. This would change OperationOverlord into JAMRM (just another manta run map)).
3) Your changes somehow introduced graphical glitches into the map. Some statics and your own vehicle disappear when viewed from certain angles. Check the screens below.
Screen 1
Screen 2
I never experienced that on the original Overlord.

Suggestions:
1) If you want to even things out, give team red a bender.
2) Add avrils to at least two of team red's lockers. They're quite scarce on that side of the map, while blue gets lots of them. (Always hated that. ;))

Well, maybe, with some more changes, your map can actually really become a fixed version. ATM, it unbalances things in a different way.

And thanks for that link, we'll check it out.

ok. i think a good idea would to move the shortcut to the other side of the map. also i do agree with your criticisms and the screns are quite funnt lol.

Oben