[UT2004] VCTF-Server: Zu viele Spammer online

{DUB}VARDY

bekommt Übersicht
VCTF-Server: Zu viele Spammer online

i have noticed over the past couple of months that there are not many snc admins in the vctf server. in this time i have seen many text spammers, voice spammers, idlers and people who are just annoying.

i play on the vctf server just about everyday and for a couple of hours at a time.
also the kickvote option is set too high for it to be effective, so i am asking if you can either set the kickvote to a lower percentage or have some more admins on the server throughout the day.

as some of you will know that my clan {dub} are always on the lookout for cheaters on your server and on all occasions we have provided proof, but however proof alone wont stop the person in that very same time.

best way to get rid of those players is to open an own server
and to kick the annoying whiners and complainers. :D

but i guess your server will be empty most of the time then :ROFLMAO:

Thursday is the official SNC-vctf day.
Tuesday, Friday and Sunday is Deathmatch, CTF and Teamdeathmatch on the Classic - UT Clan server.

Hi Vardy,
I agree with you, currently there's a lack of presence by the 6 vctf-interested [SNC]s... Maybe because of the great summer we have?

So we'll change the settings of Kickvote to a lower percentage -if- there's no abuse of it.
You'll understand that we can't offer you the pw for administration ;)
Hope that is helpful...

Best regards,
Jensus

what percentage will you set it to?

also very funny brummelchen. we dont like complainers and whiners on our server thats why it is empty sometimes. lol. but however since they are not there it gives real players a chance to play against real players, thats how to improve skill.

please can you do something about this spammer. it was on binary space, at around 14.30 gmt.

spammeroz3.jpg

his name is napster_x if you cant see it

Bei Gelegenheit mach ich nen Chatfilter drauf, wenns recht ist.
Kann sein, das dann ab und an auch paar Dub's fliegen, ich muss mal sehen, wie ich den einstelle um das es noch human ist.

Translate him.

ps.: kein Bock auf ausländisch, davon hatte ich die letzten Wochen zur genüge ;)

Translation:
Sokoban will ad a Chat filter on the server the next opportunity.
May be it will kick some Dub-Clanmember to, because he must see how to find a human configuration.

@vardy :D

those spammers are really annoying - but not all players know that "HOME" key opens
the vote menu - its like (normally) Z in UT99 for "MUTATE BDBMAPVOTE VOTEMENU".
THAT is annoying too - not enough kickvotes.

but one word in private - on FFA server you never get the real public to get skilled.
it is ever mixed up with newbies, noobs, lamers and skilled.
and if some1 think he's overskilled he better should leave.
i know several clans which kick and on second annoyance ban those overskilled.

@soko :ROFLMAO:

ServerExt is already installed on the Server but the modul Chat Filter is not loaded. If you can wait some Days, i will setup and configure the ChatFilter.
Up to the week-end I will be able to do this.
At the moment, I am occupied very much with setup by web servers.
Sorry for that.

Ok, but we can't add the word "noob" to the ChatFilter, otherwise the server ist a Dub-free-zone within seconds.....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

lol, very true that if the word 'noob' is filtered most dubs will leave because we cant express our anger at them.

anyway the reason i am making this post is becuase of this 1 guy called asuranceturiix. hes the reason i wanted the kick vote lowered. and here is proof...http://www.freewebs.com/vardyd/voicespammer.rar

its a demo of him voice spamming the server, taken in binary space at around 11pm GMT 24th august. please do something about him as hes done it many times and is very annoying.

*hint at soko* i wouldnt need to do this if i had the pass to the admin

omfg - a voice spammer - kill him - ban him - push him onto teh moon - "or i die".

wtf are you silly? just leave the voice channel and you have silence.
thats the reason i turned that feature off like the crap text2speech feature.

>> if i had the pass to the admin

called "megalomania" - words i only waited for - you were complaining too much at least ;)

btw - would you share admin pass same way?
assumed the SNC would be often as you on your server - but i never saw any anouncement or any ip ;)

he was using the public voice channel, thats the problem. he was just spamming it. most of us just pressed ignor but the ppl that didnt just complained, thats why we kick voted. but as you may notice in the demo about 6 of us voted and it was not enough to kick, and btw the voice spammer was doing it constantly for the next 4 or 5 maps, by which point there was no1 left in the server. and he wouldnt answer the text sent to him thats why he pissed me off.

@brummel
i was joking about the admin pass :p

Vardy, that's the reason why I disabled the UT-internal voice chat ;)

But anyways....you'll never get rid of spammers...best way is to ignore them.
And about noobs.....never blame a newbie ... we all started once...
The problem is just to find out who is new to the game and who is just too dumb for it :D

DUB and it's special humor...

all about voice chat has been said.

like all ffa and ffa-admin saying - agree with it or leave ^^

btw VC - there are more possibilities than public channel in 2k4

Oben