Change List includes:
Demos can be recorded either on a server, or in single player, or as a client in a network game. For demos recorded as a client in a network game, you cannot cycle between players in the match.
To record a demo on your server, start the server with the ?demorec URL parameter. For example:
ucc server dm-gael?game=xgame.xdeathmatch?demorec=mydemo
Will record the game to the demo file mydemo.dem. If you leave off the "=mydemo.dem", the server will record a demo with a unique filename starting at demo0001.dem, demo0002.dem etc.
You can also use the "demorec" console command at the server console to start recording a demo after a match has started. For example, "demorec mydemo" or just "demorec".
Use the "demoplay" console command. For example, "demoplay mydemo". During playback, pressing Fire will cycle between the players in the game and a free spectator camera. Pressing Alt-fire will switch between first and 3rd person.
"demoplay mydemo?loop" will cause the demo to loop infinitely until the "stopdemo" console command is used.
Normally demos play back capped to the frame rate at which they were recorded. To remove this cap, use "demoplay mydemo?timedemo". This will play the demo back as fast as possible and dump the average fps to the console at the end of the demo. If a demo recorded at a higher framerate than your computer is able to play it back, the demo will play in slow motion.
The frame rate dedicated servers use when recording demos is adjustable in UT2003.ini in the [Engine.DemoRecDriver] section. Change NetServerMaxTickRate and LanServerMaxTickRate. The default values are 30 fps. Increasing these will increase your server CPU utilization.
- friendly fire kills affect team scores
- made players a little brighter
- allow weapon throwing with weapon stay on (but can't pick up thrown weapon if already have that weapon), plus added configurable gameinfo property bAllowWeaponThrowing (default
- don't spam "you are ready/not ready" messages to console before game starts
- fixed FFA DM overtime end conditions
- Ability to have custom announcer voices. Make a new announcer voice pack (with the same sound names as the original AnnounceMain.uax), named NewPackName.uax (where NewPackName = whatever you want to call it), and put it in the ut2003\sounds directory. Then, in the User.ini file (in the UT2003\system directory) change: [UnrealGame.UnrealPlayer] CustomizedAnnouncerPack="NewPackName"
- fixed strafe toggle
- support longer playernames on scoreboard/HUD
- show FPH in scoreboard
- fixed flags sitting on ground in CTF-Citadel
- more minigun ammo
- really fixed 4 rocket bug
- Fixed DM-TokaraForest flags showing up
- fixed CTF-LostFaith KillZ
- spectating maintains view - when a player dies it continues to view the player when they respawn.
- improved texture precaching, removing a few early hitches
- moved arena mutator config and maplists from user.ini to ut2003.ini
- update .ini files without overwriting them! (except for settings added or changed since we shipped)
- fixed bug when had more than 16 bots total on custom teams
- improved translocation (less failures)
- link alt no blood
- don't lose adrenaline if switch teams to team with less players
- added Gameinfo property bAllowBehindView, server option allows behindview in net games if true (default false)
- made lightning gun recharge match up better recharge finish (it was playing too long)
- reduced delays between allowed voice messages
- scaled weapon and powerup pickups down some to match player size better
- spectators can go through doors/movers
- fixed catching weapons in mid air
- added DropFlag command
- adjusted distance fog in some levels to make them look crisper/higher contrast
- if weapons are invisible, firing is centered
- added PipedSwitchWeapon exec function, to allow you to bind to weapons to a single key by editing your user.ini, e.g. "e=pipedswitchweapon 5 | pipedswitchweapon 7" allows you to switch to and between the linkgun and the flakcannon.
- added configurable option bShowMessageText to TeamVoicePack, controls whether text of non-taunt voice messages is shown. To change this value from its default of true, add the following lines to your user.ini file" [UnrealGame.TeamVoicePack] bShowMessageText=false
- added in-game personal stats (bound to F3)
- Added Server Info which includes MOTD and Rules (bound to F2)
- Added In-Game Chat Client (Similar to IRC)
- made team section of HUD scaleable
- Mouse acceleration threshold now in the menus
- FOV settings 80 to 100 in menu - FOV defaults to 85, set it to 90 to feel more like UT
- Press f10 to cancel added to connect message
- "Blob shadows" option added to menus
- Change "corrupted connection detected" to "incompatible game files"
- Add name of weapon you are switching to to hud
- Fixed DisplayProgressMessages to only show MOTD once
- Added color codes to text messages
- Fixed MOTD to be able to handle more than 4 lines
- Add up/down key history to IRC input
- Allow double-clicking 'unreal://' and 'http://' URLs in IRC chat.
- Add colour to IRC (nicknames, join/leave messages, links etc.).
- Ctrl-C in server browser copies selected server URL
- Extra game-type tabs created automatically for installed game types (from .int file).
- Add extra fields to server browser filter - 'dont want this mutator', translocator, weaponstay.
- fixed blue team preference not being saved
- added configurable HUD option to not display enemy names under your crosshair HUDbDeathMatch.bNoEnemyNames
- fixed bot aiming link shaft at crouched opponent
- BR AI improvements
- CTF AI improvements
- improved skyline bot AI
- improved bot use of ion cannon
- make sure ClientNetSpeed can't get set to 0
- improved client ping measurement
- fixed client location synchronization problem that could happen when you fell out of a crouching height only area
- fixed bug where lost ability to fire
- fixed weapon idle animations on net clients
- fixed GetLocalPlayerController() on net clients
- fixed BR-Skyline airship in netplay
- improved smoothness for high ping clients
- fixed minplayers+stats coexistence
- admins can pause net games
- fixed combo effects showing up in net games
- *really* fixed redeemer firing bug
- Fixed bug that caused garbage collection not to occur between level changes
- Gamestats class is now configurable via ini
- Security actor is now configurable via ini
- Add ClientReplaceMenu in Playercontroller
- Added Admin command NextMap
- Applied fix for bug where some string checking in Web admin failed
- Fix bug in Web admin that causes "WebAdmin:" to appear twice
- Added security level checks to web admin's ServerChangeMap
- Applied fix for linux Web Admin regard hard-coded IP addresses
- Applied fix for Admin kicking via XAdmin
- Closed security hole where admins could look/set security info
- reduced ConnectionTimeout to 15 seconds
- allow players to enter as spectators in games with maxlives>0 that have already started
- replicate weapon reload sounds
- allow admins and spectators to use behindview
- added ModifyVelocity() event to Pawn, to allow mods to modify physics behavior - its called by the physics code after the velocity is updated, but before it affects the Pawn's location.
- added mutate() replicated function for use by mutators
- fixed teamgame ReduceDamage() allows mutators to override even if instigator==None
- added skeleton option to .upl player descriptions (for user created models with different skeletons)
- Add -MainMenu= command line param
- Fixed several internal hardcoded menu links
- Fixed GUIController to always use the ini set MainMenuClass
- Propagate LevelChange() through the interaction and gui system
- Add MutatorFillPlayInfo to allow mutators to add web admin settings
- Added bContactingLevel output variable to KarmaParamsCollision.
- fixed umod installer
- Memory leak fixes: Explicitly destroy KarmaParams in Actor::PostScriptDestroy, and
- 'new' KarmaParamsSkel instead of using BeginObject
- Fix for crash with per-tri karma collision with static meshes with no collision data
- fixed z- pixel fog and favored it over vertex fog
- worked around vertex fog driver bug on ATI cards
- added workarounds for S3 cards like the Savage 4
- added OverrideDesktopRefreshRate option (defaults to false)
- fixed occlusion if EAX 3.0 is enabled
- play own footstep sounds with weaponbob false unless set [UnrealGame.UnrealPawn] bPlayOwnFootSteps=false in user.ini
- more sound prioritization improvements