- NPCs have been added to the world. They will only appear in freshly unlocked islands or new universes.
- Many new buildings and deco props have been added together with the NPCs.
- Added story snippets or gameplay tips to the islands via chatty “story”-NPCs.
- There is now a trading system. Some NPCs serve as vendors with specific items in their stock that the player can buy with gold.
- The player can sell unused items to the vendor NPCs to free up space in the backpack and to earn the gold required to buy the items offered by the various vendors.
- Many NPCs offer quests which lead through the game and bring nice rewards.
- The game now has pets that accompany the player on his or her journey. They are sold by a pet vendor or found with a bit of luck in cages deep down in dungeons.
- Pets are equipped in the armor menu similar to armor or vanity items.
- The Archer class now has a dedicated crafting station
similar to the anvil and altar for Warriors and Mages.
- A new crafting station “Drafting Table” now offers the recipes for furniture, props and the like.
- New events with new environmental effects and added trophies.
- Attacking and mining can now be done while moving.
- A new tool has been implemented: the portal compass
. It constantly shows north when selected in the actionbar and shows the general direction, both horizontal and vertical, of any still locked portal on the island when triggered. The recipe is automatically unlocked at level 2 of the Workbench.
- Seedlings have been refurbished so that it is easier to distinguish them from each other visually.
- The item icons and 3D pictures of the character in the UI have been visually tweaked.
- Crafting stations show their tier now better with the metal they are partially made off.
- Loading an island with an active event now shows the remaining time at the beginning.
- Several causes for crash bugs during game booting and island loading have been fixed.
- Network code has been tweaked to cause less traffic. The improvements are ongoing, of course.
- Save data is more secure now in case there is an unexpected PC shutdown or game crash.
- It is no longer possible to join players who are not in friendslist over the Steam client.
- It is no longer possible to join a game where the host is not on the friendlist over the ingame list of matches.
- Enemies are no longer floating down walls or steep hills.
- Several small improvements to enemy behaviour.
- The Fruit Hat vanity item can now be crafted correctly.
- The overall performance has been improved. This should be noticeable in large islands with many dungeons.